Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Birthday Partying Minion Card

So, I got a request yesterday for a minion card for a 21st birthday.  Here's what I came up with:

 

They are currently available through my etsy shop here along with the original minion card.

I was really excited with how it turned out!  I used the regular template for the minion card (blog post here - also includes a tutorial on how to make the minions using the owl punch from Stampin' Up).  I moved the placement of "happy birthday" around and used little letter stamps to write the name on the bottom.  

Since the card was for a 21st birthday, I stamped some fun drinks using the happy hour stamp set and added some rhinestones.  To make the drinks, I first stamped the image with black ink and them stamped another of the same image with blue ink.  I then cut out the blue drink part out and glued it to the original black image.  I used this same technique a few weeks ago with my Cocktail Cheers Cards.  Turned out really cute and it was a lot easier then coloring in all of the little stamps seperately/

Here's some close-ups of the minions:


Materials Used:
  • Stamps: happy hour, small letter stamps
  • Other: owl punch, cardstock, happy birthday embossing folder, ribbon, thin black marker, googly eyes, rhinestones


1 comment: