Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Yarn Basket Cards

I've been super busy over the last couple of weeks working with Kim Apel on yarn / knitting themed cards that a co-worker of mine is going to be selling on August 8-10th at Stitches Midwest along with her hand spun yarn.  You can checkout her facebook page or shop on etsy.  

I made four sets of cards and am going to be featuring one each day this week.  For the first one, I used a retired Stampin' Up set called "Basket Full of Fun."  It has a bunch of different things you can put in a basket or bucket and it was perfect for making yarn-themed cards!  I first stamped the yarn onto white card stock and colored it in using watercolors.  I then stamped the basket on to brown paper, cut it out, and glued it slightly below the yarn balls.  The rest of the card consists of different layers of the color (I used red, blue, orange, and yellow), the chevron textured embossing folder, and some colored string to tie it all together.
 

Cute huh?  I love the little needles and string that stick out of the yarn!

 
Here's a preview of what the other three colors look like:


Materials Used:
  • Stamps: basket full of fun
  • Stampin' Up: chevron textured embossing folder 
  • Other: colored cardstock, multicolored string (I bought a big pack at joann's for a couple of dollars), water colors






No comments:

Post a Comment