Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Baskets Full of Warm Wishes Cards

Here is the third yarn / knitting themed card that I came up with last week.  My friend Kim Apel and I have been working over the last few weeks on creating cards to sell at craft shows.  You can check out her latest card here - super cute!!!

These cards are going to be sold at the Stitches Midwest craft show on August 8th - 10th by my friend Bobbi along with her beautiful handspun yarn.  Check out her Facebook Page and Etsy Shop to see what she's been working on for the show :)

Anyways, here's what I came up with:



Super simple, but I really liked the way it turned out.  I used a retired Stampin' Up Baskets of Fun for this card.  Not only did it have a really cute stamp of a basket and yarn balls, but there was a also a greeting that went along with it!  I made these cards in yellow, purple, pink, and blue and used watercolors to color in the balls of yarn and little basket.  It was a great excuse to use some of the pastel colors that I seem to have a lot of in my paper stash!

With this card, I also used a new technique with the Sew Stamper tool from We R Memory Keepers to create the stitching on the bottom.  Kim and I came across this at Michaels the other day when we were looking for yarn related stamps, etc.  It was the perfect touch to add to the yarn cards!!!  The tool also has tons of extensions you can by that make different designs.  It took a little while to get use to, mostly being able to get the lines straight.  I ended up lining up a ruler at the bottom of the card to be able to get a straight edge.  I love cross-stitching so these were super fun to make!

Check out how it turned out:



  • Stamps: basket full of fun (retired)
  • Other: cardstock, ink, sew stamper and accessories, watercolors, string


No comments:

Post a Comment